With Japan making regulatory changes to insider trading regulations in late 2012 and more expected in 2013, this will impact companies and investors alike. The key issues and risks considered in this white paper include:
- Partial exemption from the Insider Trading Regulations in the case of a company reorganisation
- Expanding the scope of the monetary penalties applicable for violations of the Insider Trading Regulations committed by a Non-Regulated Entity trading for third party accounts
- Regulation of disclosure of information and inducement of insider trading
- Reform of the monetary penalties applicable for violations of the Insider Trading Regulations relating to third party accounts
- Reform of the Insider Trading Regulations to reflect recent financial and corporate practices
- Stakeholder co-operation to prevent insider trading.