The emerging risk management landscape is being shaped by several different factors related to market and economic events, trends in the trading ecosystem, regulatory change worldwide, and advances in data and technology. This white paper takes a current view of market risk management, its growing complexity and how it can be transformative to institutions as the industry is widely recognising what are the right approaches to addressing evolving risks.
Key points and drivers of risk management that are emphasised include:
- The decision to upgrade risk technology may not be a matter of choice, but necessary in light of growing market risk complexity.
- To manage market risk appropriately, firms are placing an increasing importance on advanced market risk tools and measurements.
- Powerful data analytics and consistent high-quality data is crucial to the viability of any risk platform.
- A look into the industry’s top priority investments in technology-powered solutions.
- An analysis of the ‘buy or build’ argument, and the benefits of a cloud-powered, high-performance risk-as-a-service model.